- I received my package already. Wow that was so quick. I have a package coming from Ontario for 3 weeks now with a tracking # and it’s still in Ontario. Appreciate so much the amazing service you provided and mailing to me. Thank you so much. Very Satisfied Customer.
- I received my order yesterday and I’m very happy with everything. Many thanks.
Elizabeth F., Fruitvale, BC
- Got the shipment. Thanks. The linings are all GORGEOUS!! I’m so glad you’re still in business.
Beverli Barnes, Vancouver, BC Beverli Barnes Custom Design
- Received my beautiful, high quality fabric today and I am beyond impressed having received it just 2 days after ordering it on-line.
Judith G., Victoria, BC
- Thank you so much for your help with my dress. I called about the hole I accidentally made when cutting the thread off of the seam. I love my dress and fabric! and thought you would like to see the finished product. Thanks to Tony and the other lovely lady who helped me with my fabric choice. You are all so wonderful at Gala and appreciate your awesome customer service and your quality fabrics,
Sincerely Rose, Victoria, BC
- Good news……the Tartan Rose Border fabric safely arrived in the mail this afternoon and in good order. So after I finish what I am working on now, it will be right into that jacket I want to make. Thank you for your help.
Barbara McIntyre…….Brisbane Australia.
- I can’t tell you how thrilled I was to find that fabric on your website today. I have been a quilter for 34 years. As well as quilts I make art to wear garments. I thought I had bought enough of the fabric when it first came out but now that I need to be using that lace border predominately in the design, I found I didn’t have enough. So I am just so relieved that you are more or less the only place I could find more. Thank you so much.
Barbara McIntyre…….Brisbane Australia
- I just wanted to thank you again for helping me find the amazing fabric for the unveiling and First Nations blessing today of the City of Victoria’s new wayfinding signage at the Inner Harbour! The event was a great success and the fabric was perfect! I so very much appreciated your advice and assistance in my desperate hour. Thought you may like these photos. The unveiling will be on tonight’s news.
Michelle Harris, APR
Strategic Planning and Communications Advisor Engagement
City of Victoria
1 Centennial Square, Victoria BC V8W 1P6
- A few months ago I purchased some lovely red and black plaid fabric from you. (It was in the window with some other plaids ) I believe it is a rayon mix. Lovely drape, easy to work with. Finally finished this classic dress for my daughter and thought you would like to see it. It’s a Burda pattern 7137. It was challenging but I am pleased with the final result. Thank-you for the lovely fabric! I always love my visits with you! Hope to see you again before too long.
Susan J., Gabriola Island, BC
- Thank you so much for donating the material for the Breast Cancer pillows. They really provided me with comfort after having my bilateral mastectomy. Please pass on my thanks to the Westshore Quilters Guild for turning the material into lovely pillows.Much appreciated.
Barbara C., Victoria, BC
- A little something I made from the remnant I bought! Looks like I will have to come in and relieve you of some more!
Carole-Anne, Victoria, BC
- Thanks very much for sending me the bronze charmeuse. The colour is exactly what I needed – and now I won’t be trying to imagine how to ingeniously lay out pattern pieces to complete my jacket. Thanks for your unbelievably wonderful help and service.
Nancy C., Edmonton, AB
- I visited your store in March while on vacation in Victoria and made a few purchases. I was very pleased to see your extensive collections of fine fabrics. The service was excellent!
Fran B., Edmonton, AB
- Hello Gala Fabrics. While visiting your store last week, I purchased a bamboo rayon and spandex knit that looked and felt soft and drapey. I am happy to report that the fabric has exceeded my expectations …. the resulting tops are so gorgeous that I will be back for more fabric very soon. Thank you for your great service and beautiful products.
Anne D., Nanaimo, BC
- I love your selection of silk tweed fabrics – they are so hard to find, & this is the 3rd piece of silk tweed I’ve ordered from you today. Do you have any more silk tweed in stock that are not yet up on the website? I’d be interested in more of this type of fabric. And it’s so nice to order from a Canadian merchant… Thank you
C. Chan, London, ON
- Thanks for letting me try on your Pia dress on Friday and your great advice regarding downloading patterns. Process was easy, inexpensive and efficient to get Pia pattern printed at Island Blue. Your help and advice greatly appreciated.
B. Sim, Victoria, BC
- Hi I wanted to advise you that I’ve received the 2 beautiful tweeds that you sent out; the fabrics are gorgeous! Also, it’s so nice to deal with a vendor in Canada! Thank you for the great customer service.
C. Chan, London, ON
- I would just like to say thank you for all the help in the last couple weeks and get all the fabric for me that I needed.
D. Ellis, Victoria, BC
- The fabric arrived this afternoon, now that’s great service! Thank you very much.
- I picked up the fabric parcel yesterday and I am delighted with all of them. The grey linen you chose is just what I was looking for. Thanks for all your help.
Elizabeth Fisher, Fruitvale, BC
- Hi! I just wanted you to know the fabrics arrived safely. That denim is great. I’m going to make a jean skirt. Thanks again for the prompt delivery. All the best.
Kathryn Dieroff, Hamilton, ON
- The fabric arrived today and looks and feels great! And the amount on my credit card seems right, with the fabric and shipping. Amazing customer service from Meghan, and very speedy delivery (two days!) from Canada Post. Thanks so much!
- To the wonderful person who helped me choose this panel to repair the top into which I had burned a huge hole. The top is more attractive than ever. What service.
Margaret McCuaig, Victoria, BC
- Thanks for the awesome Service! 🙂
- I often wish I lived in Victoria. I absolutely love your store. The staff was very friendly and helpful!
Regards, Rita Bergen
- Thank you so much for the zipper. It did arrive. Thank you again so much for your concerted help. It will work perfectly.
Carol DeGasperis, Georgia, USA
- Thank you so much for the speedy delivery! I will definitely recommend you and Fabric Etc. to everyone I know! Thanks again!
Stan Cochrane, Vancouver, BC
- A Very Very Happy Anniversary ! Excellent store, staff, products, service – THANK YOU.
Shelly A., Victoria, BC
- Thank you very much for facilitating the fabrics from Textiles Creations. Your customer service is exquisite and very much appreciated.
Sasha McInnes, Victoria, BC
- The tops are gorgeous and the singers love them. 20 were ready for a short concert at St. Mary’s, Oak Bay yesterday but I was not there to see them. Only a small group who were able to sing during the work day performed.
Kathleen, member of Ensemble Laude
- Received the fabrics and am happy with them. I had misgivings as it is difficult to purchase from a picture. Also, I have always been very conservative…. Many thanks for all your help.
Irene L. Winnipeg, MB
- Thank you gala fabrics ltd for enabling my fabric addiction and for keeping me sane as I’ve had my most productive week of sewing to date!
Connally McDougall, Vancouver, BC
- Here’s a challenge…. my underwear is wearing out! I have done a fair bit of sewing but very little with stretch fabrics. My first challenge was to find a pattern. I perused the internet and found a panty tutorial on how to sew underwear. It suggested taking a favourite old pair of underwear and deconstructing it to make a pattern. That was pretty easy.The next step was to find some 100% organic cotton fabric. I checked out Fabricland but they simply don’t carry any so I got in touch with Gala Fabrics out of Vancouver and Victoria. They were soooo helpful. They sent me samples and I placed an order. Gala Fabrics has a really nice selection of organic and natural fabrics so I’m sure I’ll use them again. I just might have to take a trip to the west coast to shop in person!
Terry Kopperud, Calgary, AB http://ichewmycabbagetwice.com/
- Thank you for all your help in choosing the organza and chiffons. As always everyone is so helpful and supportive.
Spiral Designs, Marsha Hickey, Victoria, BC
- I always recommend Gala as THE BEST fabric store.
Monica Foster, Shawnigan Lake, BC
- Just a quick note to THANK YOU for all you did to help us create lovely drapes to cover our signage prior to our donor announcement. We are deeply grateful for all your help and understanding.
Susan Gee Director, Communications & Annual Giving, Victoria Hospitals Foundation
- The fabric arrived Friday, and I couldn’t be happier!! Thank you so much for making my mustard double knit day! Next time I’m in Victoria, I’ll stop by and say hi.
Adam Arnold, Portland, OR
- The beautiful batik rayon arrived today…VERY beautiful..looking forward to working with it. Thanks.
Miriam in Barry’s Bay, ON
- Can’t say enough good things about gala fabrics ltd here in Victoria! I always feel like a celebrity when I go in there – they say hello and call me by name, and they bend over backwards to help me get what I need. Love em.
Mandy at Sugar + Candy Designs
- Big thanks to Gala Fabrics Victoria for your amazing fabric selection and staff that goes that extra mile and then some. This tutu was commissioned to hang in the lobby of Dance Victoria and nearly all the fabrics, trims and laces were bought at Gala – thought you’d like to see what happens after your pretties leave the shoppe!
Pamela Martin of Matryoshka Tutus and Leotards, Victoria, BC
- I did receive my fabrics earlier this week but just opened the package. I am very pleased with the quality of the fabrics: the colors and the texture are excellent. I can’t wait to sew them. Thank you so much for your prompt responses and your help. And yes, I have already bookmarked www.galafabrics.com.
Jacqueline Jacobs, Minnesota
- I was in ‘Creative Heaven’ the moment I walked into Gala Fabrics in Victoria. Everything was so well organized and what a selection and friendly staff. My new ‘GO-TO” place for all I need to make my ideas a reality .
Linda, Victoria, BC
- Thank you so much for sending the material and lining for our daughter, Robyn’s wedding dress, in Winnipeg in September. It looks more beautiful in the large piece, than the sample.
Heather Smith, Nanaimo, BC
- The Gala Fabric package arrived today. The flannel is world class – I think I took a half an hour pawing and fawning over it. The quality is just epic.
Kelly, Qualicum Beach, BC
- Thank you for your assistance in acquiring this fabric. I picked it up yesterday and it is under the needle tonight!
Lea van Stolk, Victoria, BC
- I received the fabric today and put the transfer through immediately. Thank you so much – I LOVE the sight of these beautiful colorful fabrics!
Nadine Jeffries, Dfly Designs, Montreal, QC
- I received the fabric and it is just perfect! I have been a little bit under the weather , so forgive me for taking so long to thank you for your generous kindness. I know you will continue to be blessed in amazing ways because you are just so thoughtful.
Sue Baasch, California, joidvie.com
- Thank you for friendly and helpful service from your staff.
Janet Almond, Victoria,BC (tap dance costumes from Broad Street Dance)
- I just wanted to thank you for all the help that you have given my beginner sewing students. They are very excited about their purchases, and everyone told me how much help and what a pleasant experience it was for them at your store. Thanks again and see you soon.
Fern MacDonald, Victoria, BC
- I was sooo excited to see the wool on Friday. Thank you so much for your time and prompt service.
Kim Seeley www.toadinatree.com
- I’m from the US and always come to Gala when I visit Victoria. It’s worth a trip by itself. Fabric one doesn’t find anywhere else plus hidden fabulous price breaks. Splendid!
G. Stone, Bellevue, Seattle
- Thank you, for staying open for us. I’m hoping it was worth it to you. The ladies were thrilled with the shop and your choices in fabric. It’s a good thing we didn’t have any more time or we would all be broke! It is soo hard to find a good fabric shop that sells quality material, and yours fits the bill. … We all left the ship today and the others are all wending their way home to various parts of the country. I will definitely stop in when I am in Victoria again. Glad I found you on the web.
Donna, one of the attendees of the Bleuette Retreat at Sea
- Found the fabric to replace the top of a seven ruffle skirt in Gala Fabrics in Victoria. I searched them out because of good reviews on Pattern Review.
(excerpt from Shelley’s Garden Blog, August 2, 2009) http://shelleysgardenblog.blogspot.com/
- Just wanted to inform you I received the fabric which I had ordered from you last week. I wanted to thank you very much. I look forward to shopping in your store next time I’m in Canada. Which I hope will be very soon. Thank you.
Helen R., Garden Grove, CA
- I have had many positive comments regarding the fabric (I purchased for a skirt). You always have the most beautiful materials.
Susan S., Ridgefield, Washington
- Just wanted to get back to you and tell you how much I appreciated all your help with getting my red/black taffeta for my wedding dress. I was impressed with your help looking at the pattern for sizing, zippers and boning etc. You were very nice and kind and I will try to remember to send you a picture of the dress all made once my sister gets here from Ohio and makes it. Thanks again for all your help.
Jenni, Victoria, BC
- I recently received some fabric from Gala Fabrics and have made up two of the pieces of rayon/spandex blend. They are wonderful fabrics to work with and very comfortable to wear.
- I have received the samples from Tian and they are lovely. He was very helpful and nice to deal with. Thanks for going the extra mile to get this fabric. I appreciate all you do for my students and me.
Fern MacDonald, Victoria, BC
- I received the fabric and all in very good order. Thanks for the wonderful service you provide.
Maxiene B., Calgary, AB
- The fabric I ordered through email and with a phone call to Tian arrived safely today. Thank you so much for your help.
Lori Hiebert, Altona, MB