A couple sewing friends turned me onto this pattern since Butterick is not usually in my immediate horizon. I particularly liked the look of the shawl wrap collar of the top/tunic and thought it would be the perfect pattern for some of the printed pontes we had just received at the shop.
Semi-fitted, unlined vest has front extending into draped collar. Wrong side of fabric will show. Tops and dress have side-front seams, lapped collar, and back yoke. Pull-on pants have elasticized waist, front pleats, and side-front pockets. C, D: Lower sleeves. D: Side-front pockets. For moderate stretch knits only.”
Going by my measurements, I chose the size L but after having completed the tunic I would like to try the M. I feel the size I made was a little too roomy!
Construction-wise, this is an easy pattern to put together. I did omit the pockets after feedback from my sewing friends. The only sewing hiccup was trying to attach the collar to the body with my serger. My poor machine was having difficulty cutting 5 layers of fabric where the collar overlaps! Measuring 3/8″ or 4mm in fabric layers, it was no wonder my machine was protesting. I ended up basting everything together, trimming down the seam allowance, then serging the seam together. All the other seams went together like a dream.
I foresee more versions of this garment in my fall wardrobe. It is quick to sew and comfortable to wear and who doesn’t love that!