What? We are now entering the second month of the year?! Well, with the month of February we resume our Sunday opening hours which also means we start up the sewing forums again. Meet with fellow sewing enthusiasts to discuss and share sewing projects. First sewing forum of 2016 will be February 7 at 11:30am. Free event. See you there!
New spring arrivals! Shibori printed bamboo/spandex knits (rayon from bamboo). In 5 different colours from front to back – turquoise, teal, indigo and black. Super soft hand and medium weight. Perfect for a spring dress (Mrytle or Moneta by Colette), top (Renfrew by Sewaholic) or leggings (McCall 6173). 150cm or 60″ wide. Machine wash cold, machine dry low.
What have you been working on over the holidays? January sewing forum is this Saturday at 10am. Bring your projects to share, sewing questions to ask or just hang out. Free parking at rear.
We resolve, as avid stitchers:
- To reject all guilty feelings over ‘the stash’
- To lay out one UFO by February 1 (that’s UnFinished Object to the uninitiated)
- To decide to finish said object, pass it on, or donate it by March 1
- To save $$$ by shopping locally (because shipping is never really free and the $ is not very strong right now)
- To use an app to store fabric stash details
- To start a swatch collection for the stash (because not all of us use apps)
- To edit the thread rack/bin/bag or drawer (since thread does not last forever)
- To check quality clothing for things that need mending or alteration
- To mend or have altered 1 quality piece this year
- To plan a F.A.R.T. this month with sewing buds – that’s a Fabric Acquisition Road Trip including FabricsEtc
Just a reminder, that during the months of December and January, we will be closed on Sundays for staff to enjoy time with their families! We are open Monday to Saturday our regular hours during this time. Back to our 7 days/wk opening and sewing forums in February.
Need some ideas for sewing gifts? Check out these links.